Working In Colder Weather

The past few days have been filled with various work projects for the missionaries here in Krasnoyarsk. I was able to help one missionary hang wallpaper in his new apartment and another missionary install some light fixtures. I have heard before that being a missionary in some cultures takes 90% effort to live and the other 10% effort to do the work of the ministry. Here in Siberia that statistic is very true. For example: In the States we would spend 30-45 minutes in Walmart to get our weekly needs. In Krasnoyarsk it may take an entire day to visit numerous stores just to get half his weekly needs.

I am just about over my jet-lag and am looking forward to getting more involved with the ministry here. I am scheduled to preach on Sunday morning and am looking for God to do something great. Please continue to pray!

By the way, it is 10*F outside this morning, and it’s getting colder.